Support Mike's 10th anniversary skydive!
To mark 10 years of 'Food as Medicine' - Mike Dancer has generously offered to do a sponsored skydive to help fundraise for this campaign. We are, of course, absolutely in awe of Mike. What he has achieved using a modified ketogenic diet for epilepsy has inspired so many people, including us, and we are extremely proud to have Mike on board as a Leafie team member.
We're aiming to raise £6,000.
Your contribution will help us develop our website leafie.org providing:
- Free starter nutrition course
Helping families to start their processed and sugar free diet - a first stage to any Food as Medicine plan.
- Publish interview case studies of success with Food as Medicine, to inspire others.
- Provide family food plans
- Populate leafie.org with links and information of 'Food as Medicine', nutrition plans for different health conditions.
Raising money over £6000 would allow us to:
- Publish our book and guide about the diets we have used with amazing success for both our children (epilepsy and severe eczema)
- Produce interviews with nutrition experts, diet practitioners and Food as Medicine families
- Commission additional free online courses
As parents that have managed two severe and out of control health conditions with food alone, we are passionate about creating this practical factual online resource to help others to manage their own health.
We have delivered talks on medical diet therapies internationally, including to the Orlando Epilepsy Family Day Conference, USA and to NHS Neurologists, Speech and Language Therapists and Dieticians at clinics and seminars in the UK. Claire's next talk will be at the Public Health Collaboration's Annual Convention in May 2018.
We estimate that our family has saved the NHS around £30,000 (not including admin) over the last 5 years by using diet in place of medication. Wow!
We have assembled a great team of healthcare professionals, experienced FAM parents and practitioners, many of which will be on the leafie.org advisory board. If you would like be become more involved, please drop us an email at email@example.com.
We are very grateful for all of your support.
100% of funding we receive will go towards Leafie.org (Chuffed charge a small fee - it's £1.43 on a £50 donation).
You may also have skills and time to commit to our real health movement. If so please do get in touch!
Claire and Justin Liu xx