Help get Kidsafe Victoria to Monash Children’s Hospital!
Do you have a little superhero or a tiny tot speedster? We are sure that there is nothing you wouldn’t give to protect your children from serious injury.
At Kidsafe Victoria, we are always working hard to support you in keeping your children safe.
The problem is...
Our current office isn’t a space that allows us to support you in
The good news...
In 2017 we are moving to the Monash Children’s hospital! Our new
Community Support Centre will provide parents and carers with a one stop shop
to access resources, information and advice on a range of child injury issues.
It will also be the headquarters for Kidsafe Victoria.
We already have the shell of the building, the carpet, the walls, the lights, painting and the electricals. Caulfield Krivanek Architecture have also donated their expertise so we have a world class design for the centre. We are more than half way there – YES, THIS IS AMAZING! We have the thousands of resources to stock the centre and the amazing staff to man it. We have almost everything, except…the money to finish off the fit out!
If 300 families gave $50, we would reach our goal in no time at all!
The beauty of this donation is that you can see the amazing centre that you
helped to build in February 2017!
What we need
We are fundraising to cover the costs to fit out our new Community Support Centre and need just over $15,000. Your donation will go towards:
- Big ticket items such as the joinery for our office (includes desks, storage cupboards, resource display walls)– so that we have somewhere to work and you can easily find the information and resources you’re looking for when you come to visit
- Tech items like a TV and iPads– the fun and exciting things that kids and parents will be able to interact with
- Other items such as a children’s play area, toys and comfy seats – so our visitors are able to sit while having a chat to our friendly staff and we can keep the kids occupied
- Then there are the more boring but necessary items such as uniforms and office supplies – including office chairs so that we have somewhere to sit and telephones so that we can continue to answer all of your child safety questions!
Why Kidsafe Exists
Do you know what the biggest killer of Australian children is?
It’s not cancer.
It’s not asthma or infectious diseases.
The biggest killer of Australian children is injuries.
Every year, 29 children are killed and a
further 86,000 are hospitalised due to unintentional injuries- and this is just
in Victoria. Some of the major causes of death include drowning, falls and
What we do
Kidsafe Victoria is dedicated to keeping kids safe and ensuring no family has to endure the heartbreaking loss of a child due to injury. Here’s some of what we did in 2015:
- Delivered 200 Home Safety Presentations to over 2,000 new parents and carers.
- Answered 700+ child safety questions through our email and phone support services.
- Distributed over 320,000 child safety resources to new parents and carers.
- Developed Find-A-Fitter, an online database that helps parents and carers to easily find a professional child restraint fitter in their local area.
- Delivered the third annual ‘Closing the Gate on Backyard Pool Drowning’ campaign.
- Raised awareness of the dangers of hot cars with Matt Moran and ‘The Unconventional Oven’ .
Once the new Community Support Centre is up and running, our hard working staff will be able to continue working towards delivering
services and campaigns like these, plus many more!
Please donate today and help us build a safer world