Ride for COVID-19 Relief
On March 11, 2020, COVID-19 was declared a global pandemic and the JoA is mobilizing to do what we can to help. For the past 5 years we have ridden 207 miles across VA over 2 days. We ate together, rode together, rehydrated together, got fitter together and raised a bunch of money together for WorldServe and others. Togetherness is harder obviously, but we are going to ride together virtually and we have greatly modified the traditional format. The JoA website is HERE if you would like to learn more.
All Are Welcome
- There are NO minimum fundraising requirements. Sign up. Do what you can do.
- Ride (run/walk) 200+ miles on a stationary bike, trainer, Peloton, whatever/wherever, sometime in the month of June.
- We will roll out various platforms to keep us connected as best we can virtually. Join the JoA Strava Club HERE
COVID-19 $$, "Dropping the Nets"
We will ride for 3 great organizations, the Blue RIdge Area Food Bank, The Food Bank of the Rockies, and WorldServe International. All 3 organizations are pushing funds to COVID-19 relief, and ther needs are imminent. In addition to money, we hope to produce the usual JoA "catch" of;
- Fitness, fun, community, relationship, and epic smack talk
- A wee bit of liberation, and further demonstration of the power of a common purpose
- Increased connection to our needy brothers and sisters here in Charlottesville and around the world
How we Will Raise and Distribute $
Participants will sign up as a fundraiser and select which Team you will ride for. If you would like to ride/run/walk for all three orgs, you do not have to select a team, and your donations will be split evenly. WorldServe will collect the money and distribute in a timely manner directly to the Food Banks.
WorldServe International, a US 501c3, will receive all donations, which are tax-deductible. To learn more about the great work of the Food Bank of the Rockies click HERE. To learn more about the great work of the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank click HERE
To learn more about WorldServe visit: www.worldserveintl.org
P.S. While this platform is set up to receive online donations, if you prefer to make your donation "offline" you can do so by sending a check directly to WorldServe. Be sure to let your favorite rider know you're sending a check made payable to WorldServe International.
- Mailing Address: WorldServe International, c/o Journey of Awesomeness PO Box 3437, Springfield, MO 65808-3437
- Include Memo on Check: "JOA - Rider Name"