A little bit of context...
Our Offshore Community …rotten with talent, skills and generosity. All the elements that create fabulous events. We know the importance of coming together to stay strong and we know how to Celebrate ! We've held some legendary Festivals over the years & we have another planned.
2019 marks 50 years since Woodstock, a cosmic moon landing… expanding awareness…and all that possibility, peace and love!
We aim to bring the spirit of Woodstock to ISLAND DAZE - A FESTIVAL OF MUSIC, ART & COMMUNITY - Nov 1st, 2nd, 3rd in CATHERINE PARK, SCOTLAND ISLAND. It will be COOL to see you there!
And here's the Rub...
We believe in having FREE Festivals for all to enjoy and do this with passion, volunteer time and community spirit. They're put together on a relative shoe-string but these events costa plenty.
Our community spirit is rare and solid….we bail each others boats in dark rain, offer life saving first aid , remove fallen trees, carry other peoples bags ! We live amongst great beauty & are on to a good thing. We sometimes have our issues but we have each others back; coming together in the image of an eccentric extended family :)
WE KNOW HOW TO HELP OUT WHEN NEEDED AND, WELL WE NEED YOU.
WHY ? ...
The substantial seed funding from SCOTLAND ISLAND RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION (GO SIRA!) - support from NORTHERN BEACHES COUNCIL and legendary major sponsors PMC HILL.
This allows us to set up the bones - the main elements - however we want to make sure those bones are fleshed out with VIBRANCY & DIVERSITY!
This is a local festival but friends from across the sea are welcome !
This is a chance for locals to shine & we'd love to also bring in some great offerings from the 'Mainland'. These costs - all the trimmings - ARE WHAT WE'RE CROWD FUNDING TO REALISE.
TICKET SALES - BIG SPONSORS - MASSIVE GOVT. INJECTIONS - FUND FESTIVALS. We're keeping it more low key than that - BUT THINK OF A DONATION AS YOUR HONORARY TICKET :)
Gift offers / Perks below
You can make this truly 'Our' Festival
Island Daze amazing elements…
- Exhibition of Offshore Artists Opening Friday Night with Special Guest and Jazz with the Laclan Hamilton Trio
- Main stage line up of the music of Woodstock
- Pop up venues, busking zones
- Community Art Happenings
- Stalls – food, arts and crafts etc
- Children’s festival
- Talks and workshops
- Sunset Lantern parade
- Knock out Saturday Night Headline - Tina Harrod, The Mad Dogs & Englishmen
- Sunday Sessions - Tai Chi - more stalls , workshops, art and music.
And that’s all just for starters! Watch for program updates.
Email: [email protected]
As thanks for your Donations of $25 and over : along with a weekend of local legends - these amazing perks are on offer.
As a thank you for those generous larger donations:
- $100.00 = You will receive two prints - any combination of Nettie Lodge or Paul Smith Giclee Prints.
- $200.00 = You will receive four prints - any combination of Nettie Lodge or Paul Smith Giclee Prints
Prints will be available for pick up on the day at the festival stand or email us your preference and we will arrange a post festival pick up point.
- All donations of $25.00 and over will give you a Family Workshop Pass to both Daze of options. Simply print out your receipt or come to the festival stand and receive a stamp. All workshops attract a fee.