Growing the Local Food Movement
Long Beach Fresh is dedicated to expanding Long Beach’s local food economy and infrastructure in ways that benefit local communities. We think that everyone should have affordable access to good food – food that is nutritious, culturally relevant, and that has integrity in how it’s produced and distributed.
Here’s what we’re doing about it
Foodways Summit is a week of events tours, panels and parties that celebrated and explored the local food movement in Long Beach, CA.
Our purpose is to gather and connect the local food movement together and with new partners, storytellers, farmers, gardeners, helpers, leaders, investors, chefs, food brands, educators, food buyers & distributors, health professionals, residents, seniors, youth, organizations, students, newbies, partners and supporters.
You can join us
At each Foodways Summit event in 2018, attendees tasted, explored, met, learned and shared in our local foody system.
FOOD SUMMIT EVENTS - 5/23 to 5/31:
- 5/23 Opening Mixer - Women Entrepreneurs of Local Food
- 5/25 DTLB Taste the Block with We are the Next
- 5/26 North Long Beach Double Decker Bus Garden Tour
- 5/28 Memorial Day BBQ with Shady Grove BBQ
- 5/29 Wasted! with Robert Egger and Patti Larson at The Growing Experience
- 5/30 Transforming School Food with LBUSD and Good Food LA
- 5/31 Closing Reception with the Local Food Media
The Foodways Summit is a community-driven, non-profit series produced by Long Beach Fresh. We need your help for Food Summit to make an impact for local food.