This is an Emergency
We are facing an unprecedented global emergency. Life on Earth is in crisis: scientists agree that we have entered a period of abrupt climate breakdown, and we are now in the midst of a mass species extinction of our own making.
We are unprepared for the danger our future now holds. Against the incontrovertible evidence of human-induced climate change, our governments have continued to do nothing. In consequence, we are now faced with a future of floods, wildfires, extreme weather events, crop failure, mass displacement and societal breakdown. Some of these processes have already begun. The time for denial is over; the time for action is now.
Why We Do What We Do
Conventional methods of voting, lobbying, petitions and protest have failed because powerful political and economic interests prevent change. the current system works in their favour. XR therefore uses non-violent civil disobedience to disrupt the status quo, to prevent the continuation of this suicidal and genocidal system.
What We Will Do Next
Your money will go towards essential support costs, for instance:
- sustenance and essentials for Rebels particpating in events
- buying arts supplies for the rebellion
- creating essential training materials so that we can support those who join the rebellion
- enabling the practise of regenerative culture, which is fundamental to everything that we do
- supporting movement growth for XR Milton Keynes, including venue hire for weekly meetings, outreach materials, and promotional media content.