Who are we?
The Rotary Club of Sydney Darling Harbour, or affectionately known as "The Darlings" are a fun, dynamic and inclusive club that does some amazing work in the community at a local, national and international level and are focused on giving a ‘hand up’ rather than a ‘hand out.’ We focus on women and children at risk, homelessness in Sydney and youth programs.
Our current challenge
With the COVID-19 pandemic that the world is currently facing we have cancelled all our upcoming fundraising activities. It would be much appreciated if you could support our current projects in the community which include, but are not limited to Harris Community Centre Food Pantry and School Supplies, TAFE scholarships for women at risk, Boxing Day lunch for the homeless in Sydney at the The Station, youth programs and many more.
Examples of level of support
Below are examples of what your donation could be supporting:
*$25 could buy The Station a sleeping bag to keep a homeless person warm this Autumn and Winter. We are aiming to raise enough to buy 30 sleeping bags.
* $50 could go towards the cost of helping a young person aged 14-16 years of age attend The Rotary Youth Program of Enrichment (RYPEN), which caters for teenagers who have shown qualities of decency, courage, persistence, sincerity, and application in everyday life, which deserve further development.
* $100 could go towards supporting the Harris Community Centre with their Food Pantry and School Supplies
* $200 could go towards enabling a senior high school student (Years 10-12) to attend the Model United Nations Assembly (MUNA) to educate students on the United Nations organisation. This excellent forum assists students in developing and practicing their public speaking skills whilst debating topical world issues in a replica of the UN environment.
* $500 could go towards a young person aged 19-25 to attend The Rotary Youth Leadership Award (RYLA), a week-long, residential, personal development program which focuses on yourself, leadership and the community.
* $1000 could go towards enabling a woman at risk to participate in The Darlings’ TAFE scholarship program as a first step to getting a job and breaking the cycle of dependence on welfare programs.
Thank you in advance for your support, please note all money raised will go directly to our projects.