Not everyone has the option to stay at home.
In order to protect our city from COVID19, we need to protect those who are most vulnerable.
Who we are
But there’s a problem
People facing homelessness have two times the risk of infection, which also puts social workers and frontline workers at risk.
Last year, +10,000 Torontonians found personalized help through Chalmers. Now we need your help to scale that impact and empower those most affected.
We need to arm everyone with the knowledge to protect themselves and limit the spread ASAP.
What can COVID-Bot help you find?
- Ways to protect yourself: Get up-to-date information on best practices to stay safe.
- Self-assessment guides and testing centers: Figure out what your symptoms are, determine whether you need to get tested and find the safest route to a testing center.
- Mental Health support and care communities: There are many professional services and online communities that offer support, and we'll find the one closest to you.
- FAQs and misinformation fighting: With an overwhelming amount of rumors online, it's important to get the facts straight.
- And more resources! These include free things to do while self-isolating, marginalized artist funds, and more.
Finding what you need with COVID-Bot is as easy as messaging a friend. She'll ask you what you're looking for and show you the options closest to you anywhere in Toronto/GTA area.
- Stress-free and intuitive: There's an overwhelming amount of documents and rumors online. We make information accessible in two taps, personalized to your needs.
- Emotional Connection: We're funding #FriendPool so people facing homelessness can connect with our volunteers that have lived experiences.
- Up-to-date Community Resources: We're gathering all the grassroots initiatives and putting it in one place, making it easy for people to give suggestions.
What are we building next?
- Employment help feature for EI
- The ability for anyone to add new information
- Moderator accounts to ensure the quality of crowdsourced info
- We are open to suggestions!
What's our goal?
We did it before with the help of caring citizens like you and we can do it again. We’re looking to raise $20,000 in 30 days!
How can you help?
1. Donate to this campaign
Any donation to this campaign will go towards our COVID-Response Fund which will fuel COVID-Bot and #FriendPool.
2. Sponsorship Dollars
If you're a company that has CSR dollars to give towards the COVID-Response Fund, we want to talk to you. Book time with us here.
3. Hack with us
If you're a designer or engineer who has ideas on COVID-Bot features. Submit your ideas to us here.
4. Question or Feedback
If you have any questions, email us at email@example.com
Some support from our local tech community already: