A little bit of context
Since the founding of Black Rose/Rosa Negra (BRRN) we’ve made international solidarity and especially our connections with broader Latin America a key aspect of our organization. From our founding convention in 2013 we made a commitment to being a bilingual English/Spanish organization and in early 2014 kicked off “Struggling to Win: Anarchist Building Popular Power in Chile,” a national tour of several Chilean anarchists presenting on popular movements and the role of anarchists in them that visited over 20 cities with over 50 different presentations and speaking engagements.
Since then we've accomplished a great deal:
- Fundraising and attendance of the 2015 founding conference of the Anarchist Federation of Central America and the Caribbean.
- Ongoing support with the budding Cuban anarchist movement that recently opened the ABRA library and social center in Havana.
- Critical support to Chile’s monthly anarchist newspaper Solidaridad.
- Support for port workers in Iquique, Chile after a devastating earthquake including a multi city tour connecting with US port workers.
- Numerous translations of statements, calls for solidarity and articles, including two of our members writing the introduction to the translation of “Anarchism in Latin America” recently published by AK Press.
- Informal exchanges across several countries and many instances of cross membership as well.
Ready to take the next steps
As an organization we’ve gained immensely from these political exchanges and relationships. We’ve worked to share as much of that as possible with the broader left in the US. We’ve also given hope for our comrades in the global south that we’re alive and active inside the belly of the imperialist beast.
But now we’re ready to take bigger steps and need larger support! We are inviting organizations we have strong ties with in Chile, Argentina and Brazil to send representatives who will observe and participate in our national convention in Los Angeles this August. We will also be holding conversations on building ongoing and structured relationships between our organizations and working to document the exchange with interviews and speaking engagements as well.
We ask for your solidarity
But we can’t do this without your help! You can help us by contributing towards the $2,000 we need to defray the cost of airfare and hosting our comrades. In giving $10, $20, $50 or more you are helping us build the bridges of international solidarity that can take all our collective struggles to new places. Thank you!
-Sponsored by: The External Communications-International Relations Committee (EC-IRC) and External Education Committee (EEC) of Black Rose/Rosa Negra Anarchist Federation
Some cool perks if you donate
We have lots of beautifully designed original papmphlets in English and Spanish that normally you can only pick up from one of our literature tables. We also have our "La Revolución será feminista o no será" stickers. If you donate $25 we will send you one or two items that you're interested in and if you donate $50 or more we'll send you everything we have. Thank you!